Thursday, September 30, 2010

Daisy Mae was Buckled UP after taking the Be Smart Ride Safe Pledge

September 30, 2009 as Pawed by Daisy Mae (with a little help from Jim Hamel) Who is Daisy Mae, she is the new PAW investigative automotive writer for Bark Buckle UP. She is an 8 year old Boxer who, until recently, called Boxer Rescue Los Angeles her only home. As a senior citizen among many adorable Boxer pups, her chances of being adopted seemed pretty dim. But James Hamel, a freelance auto journalist who works from home, adopted little Miss Daisy Mae and has put her to work helping him write reviews. She now travels with him in every vehicle that he tests and offers up her unique take on what makes a vehicle or product truly “Pet Safe.”

It all happened so fast. I was sitting in the back seat of the 2011 Scion tC coupe that my daddy (I just call him that even though I am older than him in dog years) had been road testing for the past week. My daddy writes auto reviews for different websites but he doesn’t have to work in an office. He works freelance which I think explains why he walks around without a leash.

He had the windows down so I could enjoy that wind in the fur sensation and I was feeling safe in my restraint harness that was attached to my new Kwik Connect Tether by the Pet Buckle Brand. Then all of a sudden a driver in a silver hatchback darted across three lanes of traffic right in front of us. My daddy slammed on the brakes so we wouldn’t hit the other car and I braced myself for impact. But the thing is there was no impact. Not for the cars and definitely not for me.

When my daddy has had similar things happen in coupes with small back seats I have usually wound up slamming into the back of his seat. Yes, even when I was wearing a safety harness. But this time, thanks to the Kwik Connect Tether by the Pet Buckle Brand, I was securely attached to the tC’s child seat anchors which kept me from flying too far forward in that panic stop.

It is amazing, even with this Kwik Connect Tether securely attached it still allows me enough room to comfortably move around in the back seat. But it doesn’t give me so much room that I get injured in a panic stop. That makes me think it will also keep me safe in an accident. I may be an old dog but I think I just learned a new trick.

About: Bark Buckle UP® founder Christina Selter “Pet Safety Lady” works with first responders nationwide teaching pet safety and has buckled UP more then 10,000 pets. Education is the first step to show that pet safety is connected to human safety, which helps to save lives. Christina has been featured in more then 372 news segments, directed and produced several pet safety PSA’s and created Be Smart Ride Safe-take the pledge Buckle Up the whole family.

No comments: